On November 9, 2023, the Florida Ocean Alliance will host the Coastal Resilience -Protecting Florida’s Blue Economy & Future Leadership Meeting.
Florida Ocean Alliance members and marine and coastal experts and advocates from around the state will gather at Port Tampa Bay - Terminal 2 for discussions on the changing climate and the impacts on Florida’s natural infrastructure and coastal communities as well as the blue economy.
- Dr. Mark Rains, Chief Science Officer, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- James Murley, Chief Resilience Officer, Miami-Dade County
- Dr. Charles Colgan, Director of Research, Center for the Blue Economy
- Dr. Thomas Frazer, Dean and Professor, College of Marine Science, University of South Florida and Executive Director, Florida Flood Hub
- Rebecca Prado, Florida Coastal Resiliency Leader, and Nabil Bawany, Florida Flood Resiliency Lead, WSP USA
- Fredrik Wannius, Co-Founder, Print 1 3D Printed Coastal Protection
- and other Florida marine and coastal experts who will discuss the key challenges, and new technologies and solutions that can strengthen Florida’s coastal resilience.
- Learn more about the speakers here.
Following the program, join our speakers, sponsors, and guests for an onboard reception, silent auction, and sunset cruise hosted by the Alliance Board of Directors and Port Tampa Bay.